Friday, July 11, 2008

speaking love


the other day i was trying to talk to molly about some unkind words she had spoken to her sister.....after much drama and about 10 minutes of "time out", i was able to get through to her that in our house, we speak love.  

well, later that day i was trying to get supper ready and adie kept trying to stand on my foot....and she stood in a way that really pulled the skin, you know - hurts pretty good.  so i unkindly and with much frustration told her to get off and picked her up and put her back down on the floor....and not in a real gentle way.  

well, of course, molly was right there and she politely and matter-of-factly reminded me, "mommy, we speak love in this house, remember?  and that didn't sound very loving to me."  sheesh.  she really did listen.  i love her so much, and i'm glad she keeps me on my toes.  she's gonna be a neat girl.

2 comments:

Stephanie Karnes said...

oh my! too funny! yes, i know that exact stepping on the foot feeling...duke does it all the time and with shoes on! ouch!! good for molly for listening and setting mommy straight. :)

Chelle said...

Cute story. It sounds like she keeps you in line.