Thursday, August 27, 2009

my BABY is growing up too!!



adelyn had her first day of "pre-school" yesterday. it's actually just a mother's day out program, but we called it "school". she did absolutely fantastic. no tears at all, peed on the potty while she was there, and i was told, "she is very smart and a great listener!" i'm so proud of her. it was harder yesterday for me than it was taking molly to kindergarten. i didn't cry, but just kind of felt sad that my BABY is growing up too! sigh.

i just love my girls so much. it blows my mind how much. i can't describe it. they mean the world to me. yesterday i did cry later b/c i was watching the news and there was a sentencing trial going on for a man who helped take the lives of a local young couple...channon christian and chris newsome. it was heart-wrenching to watch as channon's parents took the stand to make their statement before the sentencing. she was only 21, and she sounded like such a beautiful, caring person....the kind of girl i would hope my girls turn in to.... and her parents won't ever get to see her get married or have her own children. i couldn't help but think of my own sweet girls....so the tears came easily. for them, and selfishly for me...if i were ever to be in their shoes... i can't imagine their pain. how in the world would you move on and forgive? only through Christ. and i can't imagine the pain that Christ must feel - for all people involved. the pain in this world was never meant to be. i think Jesus cries when we cry, and hurts when we hurt. well....didn't mean to go off on a little tangent there. guess that's just what i'm thinking about this morning.

No comments: