Saturday, February 24, 2018

HumanKIND?

I don't want to get into a debate, so please just move on if you want to argue. I have had so many thoughts swirling in my head about all the gun stuff..... so. many. thoughts. I can't get them all out, but the one thing I keep thinking on this morning is the passage from Luke where Peter is ready to defend himself, Jesus, and the the whole crew, and he cuts off the ear of the chief priest's servant, and Jesus is like, "What the heck, Pete? STOP." And then Jesus HEALS HIM. Right then and there, He restored him and fixed the guy's ear.....and then let himself be arrested and killed.

This picture of Jesus is what I keep thinking about this morning. Peaceful restoration. For me, I will always be about PEACEFUL RESTORATION. I could never take the life of another person. I just don't think I could do it - no matter the situation. (I've, of course, never been in a situation like that so I guess I really don't know but this is my gut feeling on it.) And it really bothers me when people talk about their right to own a weapon in case they might need to KILL OTHER HUMANS. That's just awful. How did we get to this point? Humankind is not kind, and I hate that so much. I will forever live to bring LIFE to other humans, and to bring kindness back to humankind. I will love my precious family, and my sweet students, and I will do all I can to bring life and joy to their lives. I will fight like hell to protect them all, but I will never think so highly of myself that I would think it's my right to take another's life.

Fellow humans.....let's strive to bring the kindness back to humankind! Peace and love.

No comments: