Thursday, April 9, 2009

time is fleeting

"you have made my days a mere handbreadth; the span of my years is as nothing before you.  each man's life is but a breath." -psalm 39:5

for the last couple weeks, i have been struck by the weight of this passage....realizing it in my own life.  seriously, where has time gone?  on tuesday i took molly to kindergarten round-up at gap creek elementary school - what the heck?  since when do i have a child entering school?  really?!  (she loved every minute of it, by the way.  she is totally pumped about starting and she "can't wait to eat in the cafeteria".)  i just can't believe it.  i can't believe that molly is 5 1/2 when i can so clearly remember the day of her birth like it was yesterday.  dustin and i talked about all of this this morning...(he even got teary...shhhhh) and it is just so unreal.  and i don't want to waste my life.  i want to serve and love Jesus in the way i live, and it seems that i've just kind of "gotten by" for the last 5 1/2 years without TRULY asking how God wants me to serve Him.  i mean, sure, i've tried to raise my kids to know and love Him, and i've tried to do my job with integrity and have tried to point people to God......but i don't know that i have truly sought out His will for my life every single day - and now 2,007ish days later it hits me.  life IS fleeting.  and i want to make the most of it.  Jesus help me!

2 comments:

betsy w said...

argh (like a pirate), i'm right there too! been thinking this all night! but i will say, if it is any encouragement, that if you really do seek his will more than you have the past 2007 days, that huge things will happen because your passion for Jesus is so evident in your life already! you really do show it!

...going to get back to this whole discipline business that i've had to remind myself about tonight.

jason said...

molly did such a great job on stage sunday ... thank you for sharing the that story