Tuesday, June 1, 2010

almost half way!

here's my knee...the scar looks pretty good. and i don't have any steri strips on any more.
the girls loving on each other at the campsite. precious.
playing with bubbles.
molly on her scooter....she flies on that thing!
adie....cheesin' it up!

well, we are almost half way through my 8 week non-weight bearing time! only 4 weeks, 2 days left until i can walk on two feet again (hopefully). really, the first half has gone by pretty quickly - i'm so thankful for that. i'm hoping the next 4 weeks go even faster.

i forgot, in my last update, to mention how great it was to have my father-in-law come down to help out for about 10 days. he was a super huge blessing to us all......he drove us places, helped with the girls, did odd jobs around the house and even learned how to do laundry! :) thanks so much, pappaw!! we love you!

i had my first therapy session in the pool today with my awesome therapist, julie. it felt really good to walk (the doc said as long as the water was up to my shoulders, i could walk) and to just feel normal again in the water. i'm having some issues with my knee "catching" sometimes when i bend it. julie thinks that since the surface of my joint is not completely smooth where my plugs are (although, she said, it's as smooth as they could get it- she watched my surgery-.....but even a millimeter difference is huge) and that the lateral side isn't quite "unlocking" like it should when i go from straight to bent. she thinks that, in time, as i continue to get stronger and add weight to it, that it will hopefully smooth out. so please pray that is, in deed, the case! after my pool session, julie measured me....i got to 0 degrees extension (with a little help); and 122 degrees flexion. last measurement was 4/118, so i was happy with that improvement. i'm already looking forward to my next pool session.

dustin continues to amaze me. i love him so much and i could not imagine my life without him. he is endlessly patient in his service to me and in his fathering of the girls. i look forward to being able to serve him more and better when i'm on two feet again!!!

on another note....our first camping trip was a success. it was a lot of fun - even though it would have been better without the crutches! the girls played and played, and it was just so fun to be together making memories. plus, we took jack along, and he is, without question, the BEST dog ever. love him. AND...molly has mastered riding her bike without training wheels. she's a better bike rider than i am....those of you who know me, know that i'm not a strong bike rider! but, when i'm off these crutches and we go on another camping trip, i WILL ride again! :)

No comments: