Monday, June 14, 2010

making progress!!

i had a great therapy session today in the pool. i really felt like i made a lot of progress, so i'm pumped. i have been working with an atc from dustin's work, cherie, who really pushes me and challenges me.....i LOVE that. she really loosened my kneecap up last wednesday - it hurt like crazy, but it was worth it. today she worked it again, but it didn't take as much prying. :) and my little VMO (i don't really know what that stands for, but it's the quad muscle on the inside of your leg, right above the kneecap) started firing today like it should. and i could really tell a difference. when it worked, my kneecap wouldn't do the "catching" thing. and it hardly got "caught" at all today! FINALLY, my muscles are starting to wake up!! praise God! my poor little leg is absolutely pitiful.....i can touch my fingers when i put them around my quad. it's so sickening. i don't know if it will ever be the same size as my left leg - if it ever does get there, it will be a LONG time! but i feel encouraged over all. only 2 weeks from thursday til i can start (hopefully) bearing some weight. i'm SO looking forward to that!

No comments: